Thursday Thirteen - 263 - 13 Words I'll Be Living This Year


by Julia Phillips Smith

In no particular order:

1 – Sleepless - As someone who works a full-time day job, and being a night owl, the only time for me to write is in the late evening, creeping into the wee hours of the morning. During the work week, I steal time from sleep in order to get my books done. It's just how it is.
2 – Stretching - I 'm serving my local writers' group as Treasurer this year. I'm scared of math.

3 – Frustrated - I'm currently in revisions for my second Dragonsfyre novel. That means piecing together two separate manuscripts written from deeply inside two POV's. I find this part a challenge, to say the least. 
4 – Celebrating - Looking forward to my anniversary this year. Because...
 5 – Traveling - We'll be going on a trip to celebrate. Our first vacation that's simply a trip to a new place rather than to visit family and friends (our usual trips.) Really looking forward to it!
 6 – Listening - Music is a big part of my being. I'm listening to music right now as I type. It's part of my writing ritual.
 7 – Exploring - In my creative life, I need to explore in order to keep it fresh.
 8 – Balancing - This is always a struggle. Most people would say I'm failing miserably in some aspects (see: sleep...) Yet it's not without the effort that I'm already putting in that I manage the work-life-creativity balance that I'm currently juggling. Practice makes perfect.
9 – Discovering - Every year I always manage to come across a new obsession that fuels my creative muse. Can't wait to meet the new one!

10 Forging - I've named this creative year the Year of Generation. To me, this means crafting my work and producing quality stories, rather like a blacksmith.
11 – Sharing - In my creative life, there's always so much information sharing. I cherish this aspect of my writing life. In my day job, there will be more training for me to do, which can only be a good thing.

12 – Learning - This never ends, and should never end. There's always something to learn when you live a creative life.
13  Producing - I didn't take up any reading challenges or movie-watching challenges this year, because I'm focusing on simply producing more work. Keeping it simple.

~~

What will you be up to in 2013? 







Photo by Helen Tansey

Visit my web site

Find me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Find me on Pinterest

Comments

  1. I do like the idea of simplifying our lives...but it looks like you have a full agenda. Sounds like you have a fabulous year ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be up to the usual things, by which I mean writing, writing and more writing. And riding my bikes (my real one and my stationary one). And finding new things to cook so my hubby doesn't get bored (I can eat the same thing day in, day out).

    It's just enough to keep me busy, but not enough to overwhelm me. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip, Julia. Where are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Producing is key with me as well - need to keep writing as inspired by Nanowrimo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of these could be applied here, too -- especially sleepless. I was more of a lark in high school, but morphed into an owl in college. No matter how hard I try to get to bed at a "decent" time, I'm somehow always still up at midnight or 2. Last week I even stayed up reading until 4am one night -- good thing I didn't have to work that day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's an interesting format. good to stretch and explore. keeps one young, or going prematurely grey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's important to make lists like this every now and then to put things in perspective. Looks like you have a clear picture of where you want to be. Good luck and have a nice to on holidays. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great list ... sparks flying creating inspiration for personal journal fodder

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list! (I love words!) Here from Thursday Thirteen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia,

    Your posts always make me feel calm and serene. They're so hopeful and inspiring, (I've already unclenched my teeth)

    Hope you have the best year ever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts