The Oscars!

From the writing desk of Christine Mazurk

Sorry I'm late, but I was sitting on the beach soaking up the sun, the breeze blowing, the pelicans soaring over head. What a way to re-charge the batteries. I'm refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of the day.

So, what was I thinking about while my toes played in the sand? SUNDAY ... THE OSCARS!

Now I have to admit, one year, my husband and I tried to watch all of the nominated movies to judge for ourselves who might win ... well - yeah - that didn't happen. So this year, I'll just watch and see what happens.

Have you seen any or all of the movies? Who are you rooting for?

Let's go through the major categories ...

Best Picture:
Amour
Argo - Heard a lot about this one, Ben Affleck, right?
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Django Unchained
Le Mis - Oh my God, Hugh Jackman!!!
Life of Pi - Love tigers ... might have to see this one.
Lincoln - Steven Spielberg, Sally Field - Cool history, if you're into that kind of stuff.
Silver Lining Playbook - Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro, who needs more?
Zero Dark Thirty - 9/11 - Nuff said!!

Your guess is as good as mine, because I haven't seen any of them. Next:

Best Actor:
Bradley Cooper - I'd vote for him, no matter what he starred in.
Daniel Day-Lewis
Hugh Jackman - Be still my beating heart, he just shoved Bradley aside. BTW Bradley scraped his knee. He's okay though.  
Joaquin Phoenix
Denzel Washington - He happened to be a side character in one of my books.

Best Actress:
Jessica Chastain
Jennifer Lawrence
Emmanuelle Riva
Quvenzhane Wallis - Huh?
Naomi Watts - She's my vote.

Animated Feature Film:
Brave - Is this the one with the first female hero?
Frankenweenie - Love the name, it's my vote !!
ParaNorman - I knew a guy like that once.
The Pirates! Band of misfits.
Wreck-it Ralph - Knew a guy like that too, but mom wouldn't let me ride in the car with him!

Now that we've had some fun, let's get serious. NOT! Roll out the red carpet, put on your glam dress and lots of bling, pull out the blender, whip up some fancy cocktails, and enjoy the show!
 
  

Comments

  1. Co-written by Lynn Jenssen, Friend and felllow author in Sisters Of Spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts