The Ramsey Boys Are Back - Three of Hearts!


From the heart and desk of romance author Lee Ann Sontheimer Murphy

Blame it on the car.  And not just any car but a 1968 blue Pontiac GTO all but identical to the one my special someone drove back in high school.  I came across it at a summer car show back in 2010 and it evoked many memories.  Soon after, I happened to run into my former boyfriend’s dad at the local dollar store and my daughters wanted to know who he was.  After we left the store, I shared a little about my past and found myself wondering about the past.  Although I’m very happily married, I indulged in a little “what if” speculation.  What if I’d made different choices? Would I still be with the same guy? Would we have married? And was there a point when we might’ve reunited?

The result of seeing the familiar car and traveling down my personal version of memory lane resulted in my third release and first title with Rebel Ink Press.  Love Never Fails is a second chance at love story and the action takes place in the small town where I live.  It debuted as an eBook but it also became my first paperback title.  A copy is available at the local library and at the annual author fair, I’ve sold many copies.  In fact, before it even went to print, a former local resident paid a small fortune to have it printed and bound for his personal library, a single copy run.

Here’s the blurb from Love Never Fails:

Old love sometimes fades away...

When a late night phone call from the former love of her life interrupts
both her sleep and her otherwise quiet existence, Caroline Cunningham
finds she can’t refuse Reid Ramsay's request for help. As the call pulls
Caroline back to her small hometown and into the heart of the search for
Reid’s missing brother, Caroline finds the feelings she thought she'd
buried where Reid was concerned are indeed alive and well.

And sometimes it refuses to die...

Reid Ramsay is still in love with Caroline Cunningham. As they work
together searching for Reid's brother, Reid and Caro finding themselves
attempting to rebuild the life they once shared together. But their
future remains uncertain. Before they can find the happiness they seek,
each must work through the emotional baggage of the past and test the
theory they desperately hope rings true
.

 

One of the reviews the novel gained came from an Amazon reader:

First love. It is that one love that no one ever forgets, and for others, it is the only love that matters. Ms. Murphy's Lover Never Fails story will sweep you back to remember your first love. You will quickly be drawn into Reid and Caroline's world. However, do not think this is just a love story. The author also entwines a mystery in that will keep you turning the pages and reading on. Set in the Ozarks Ms. Murphy does an excellent job capturing the feel and flavor of living in the heartland. In short, Love Never Fails is an easy read and a perfect way to spend a lazy weekend.

Those Ramsey brothers remained with me and I ended up writing Ross’ love story.  Three of Hearts  will debut February 17 (might even be out early on Saturday) at Amazon.com, All Romance Ebooks, Bookstrand and Barnes and Noble from Rebel Ink Press in eBook format.  Although a shorter work, I think readers who enjoyed their first look at the Ramsey brothers in Love Never Fails will be delighted to follow their story farther.  I think most readers will enjoy getting to know Ross much better and to share his experience as a single dad.  Here’s the blurb:

Ross Ramsey became a full-time father by default when his ex-wife overdosed.  Two months later, he’s struggling to be a good daddy to five-year old Tristan.  He put his son in preschool, moved to a small house near his brother and his family, but Ross can’t always cope.  His sister-in-law, Caroline, parents by instinct but Ross doesn’t seem to get the hang of it. 

When he meets a friendly neighbor, Shellie, they begin a relationship. But when Tristan turns up missing from school, the priority focuses on Ross’ son.  Ross must rely on his family, his girlfriend, and his love for Tristan to make things work but to succeed, he must play the three of hearts card.

So come back to the Ramsey’s hometown for another slice of their life.  And stay tuned – I have much more coming up soon – Urban Renewal, a contemporary romance coming March 3 from Champagne Books, Ronan’s Life, another in my series about bare knuckles Irish brawler Ronan O’Neill on March 17, my sweet short historical The Widow’s End also in March from Astraea Press.  After that, it’s all Rebel Ink Press including Small Town Love Story, April 3, The Sin Eater’s Redemption April 17, and Pink Neon on May 3.
 


 

Comments

Popular Posts