Top Five Perfumes I’m Loving For Spring*


I'm in a deadline daze, but I was out in the mall recently checking out the perfume because it tends to calm my nerves. I came across these and they are awesome. 

5. Cherry In The Air-Escada-Now, I’m not normally an Escada woman. My tastes run more towards the Givenchy/Dior kind of scents. That said, I am positively in L-O-V-E love with this scent. Cherry topnotes are just designed to make the wearer happy, and this one certainly accomplishes that. Plus, it lasts for a long time (at least, it did on me), which makes this one even better.

4. Body-Burberry (EDP)-Again, an out of the comfort zone choice. I was chatting up the saleslady behind the perfume counter at one of the nicer department stores and she asked if I’d tried it. I told her I had not, because Burberry and I have never gotten along. It’s not for lack of effort. I try all kinds of new scents when I get the samples or see their displays in my favorite Sephora, but my body chemistry has two perfume settings: captivating, and burnt tires, with no room in between. Long story short, she spritzed me, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. It’s a very clean scent with an ambery drydown on me and a seductive woodsy finish. This is an impressive fragrance that brings to mind sundresses, sandals, and festive summer nights.

3. Guilty Black-Gucci-This one made me think of hot summer nights and torrid flings. I think it’s the pink pepper notes, but all I could think when I smelled it was, “this would be great to wear to bed. In lieu of pajamas.”

2. La Petite Robe Noir-Guerlain-Again with the cherry notes, but they just make me smile. There is something intoxicating about this scent. I feel mischievous and playful when I wear it, in addition to its sensual undertones.

1. I Love New York For Her-Bond No. 9-It’s not often that fragrances get musical accompaniment in my mind when I smell them. In fact, I’m pretty sure this is the first time, but I sprayed it on, and I flashed back to Ryan Adams “New York, New York.” Yeah, it’s that good. Think nights on the town with the girls, or the guys, and dancing ‘til dawn. I think that about covers it.

* Caution: I’m an obsessive perfumista with a collection that has been called ‘a bit out of control’. These opinions are mine alone and not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings that’ve been left off the list. These are not paid endorsements of the products, and no money or gifts were exchanged. All encounters with the perfume were done in public, in either a mall or perfume boutique setting.


Comments

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts