Got Caught Up ...

From the writing desk of Christine Mazurk


OMG. I looked up from re-reading one of my manuscripts and REALIZED - I was supposed to blog today! YIKES! Then I thought, WOW - it's pretty cool that I was so caught up in the story, I forgot about everything else, including my commitment to thepopculturedivas.

Have you ever gotten swept into a story you wrote and missed what was going on around you?

I have to admit, as I read the story, which I haven't touched since October, I couldn't believe the words, emotions, goals, motivations, and conflicts came from my fingertips. Isn't it amazing when you review your work? It's like a Higher-Power takes over and the words flow through you - well, that's how I feel anyway. It still amazes me that I can paint such complex pictures with words.

This particular MS has been sitting in the hands of a NY publisher, and I know PATIENCE is a word I need to hold close to my heart, because it could be months before we hear anything - good or bad - from them. But as I say that, I realize there are so many options in the publishing industry today ... should I find a different path?

Is it time to touch base with my agent to view the alternatives? Maybe. In the meantime, I'm still working on Mike Dawson's story for Lachesis Publishing. It is coming together quite nicely, except for the title! If you've read Passion's Race, you know Mike Dawson is the owner of the resort in Guam, a happy-go-lucky surfer dude, who has never given his heart away, and it's safe to bet he never will.

Enter Team Fear US with their new team doctor for their annual training time on Guam. What havoc will this cause in Mike's life? How will their presence this time alter his casual ways?

I apologize, but you'll have to wait for the book to be released to find out ... I get to play the higher-power in this one and have some fun along the way. Sounds like I'm rambling, but there is a point to this post.

I LOVE WHAT I DO! Changing careers ten years ago, going from a retail executive to a full-time writer, was the best thing I ever did! Having said that, it's time to get back to painting those pictures with words. I'm stoked after reading Mystical Connections this morning, and I'm ready to get back to Mike's world!!     

Stay tuned for more stories from Christine Mazurk!  
If you haven't sampled any, here are two good summer reads:

 

Comments

Popular Posts