Something I've Never Written...

…is a wedding scene. I’ve written tons of short stories, novellas and a couple of novels, and not once have my characters gotten married. Why? A sign of the times, perhaps? People don’t get married as much as they used to, and all that.
Actually, no, that’s not why. I literally never thought about this until I sat down to write this post, so bear with me, but I suspect it’s because I’m not really that good at the mushy stuff. I'm not even that keen on weddings. Yes, I write erotic romance as well as pure erotica and many of my characters get a happy ever after, or a happy for now, but I’ve never taken them right to the aisle. I’m fairly sure I haven’t even had any characters get engaged (correct me if I’m wrong, I’ve written lots of stories!). God, aren’t I just a mean bitch?
It’s probably not intentional, but I reckon my stories deal more with the characters getting together, or back together, etc, and I’m perfectly capable of handling the declarations of love and falling into bed, I just haven’t seemed to take it any further than that.
Hmm… it seems I really must rectify that, doesn’t it? Right, one wedding coming up. Actually, you’ll have to wait. If I marry the character I’m writing now to someone else, I think he might kill me.
If you want to read one of my books which has lots of lovey-dovey action but no wedding, check out my latest release, A French Affairhttp://lucyfelthouse.co.uk/published-works/a-french-affair/
P.S. I do, actually, have a story coming up at some point in the future where one of my characters proposes to the other, but I'm not saying which one as it'll ruin the surprise!!

Comments

Popular Posts