More Spooky Goodness


It's the run up to Halloween so I'm sure everyone is inundated with skeletons, witches, pumpkins and all manner of spooky stuff. So I thought I'd wade in with something of my own.

House of Erotica just published their Witching Hour anthology, which contains thirteen spooky stories, including mine, A Party to Remember.

Here's the blurb:

Inside you will find thirteen spooky erotic stories. From shapeshifters to wild nights with the dead there’s a theme to suit everyone.

Stories from Victoria Blisse, Isabel Holley, Nicky Raven, Heather Lin, Vanessa de Sade, Gemma Parkes, Tilly Hunter, Lucy Felthouse, Elizabeth Black, Nephylim, Annabeth Leong and Daddy X.

And here's an excerpt from my story:

I slicked on a last coat of scarlet lipstick, blotted, and grinned at myself in the mirror. I looked every inch the vamp; tight black corset, leather pants and killer spike-heeled boots. My pale face, smoky eye makeup and slutty lip color completed the effect. I was ready. This was going to be a Halloween to remember.

I dug out the party invitation to double check where I was going and headed off. When I got there, I managed to find a space on the street to park my car, then made for the venue across the road. On closer inspection, I was impressed. I mean, I knew this party was going to be something special, but I was completely blown away. These people had seriously gone to town.

People can decorate all they want to make their houses look spooky and creep out little kids (and some big ones), but some places are so sweet that they just don’t achieve the scary factor. This place, however, needn’t have bothered doing a single thing.

Set back from the road, it was necessary to walk down a hedge lined path to get to the door. Once there, the house’s presence was pretty intense. Dark and looming, it was gothic at its best. It was on three stories, with turrets and balconies and various spiky bits. Add to that the maniacally leering pumpkins, hanging skeletons and cobwebs, and the result was something that could have been the haunted house in any theme park. I liked it.

At the door, I was spoilt for choice. I couldn’t decide whether to pull the bell chain or use the gargoyle door-knocker. With my love of all things grotesque, I was certainly getting the goodies that evening.

Deciding on the bell chain, I sniggered into my hand as it made a noise so loud and theatrical that it was like something out of a horror movie.

I soon stopped laughing when the door opened. Stood there was the hottest guy I’d ever laid eyes on. He had shoulder length brown hair, stylishly tousled. His eyes were a rich brown color, set in a face as pale as my own. He smiled, his lush lips curling up to reveal startlingly white teeth with rather pointed canines.

“Hello,” he said, stepping back to allow me entrance as I showed him my invite, “please come in. Normally I’d offer to take your coat, but you don’t appear to be wearing one.”

He turned to face me after closing the door. “I left it in the car. I’m only parked across the street.”

“I see,” he said, and I stood awkwardly before him, as he appeared to be appraising me. His eyes raked down my body, taking in my attire. His gaze strayed a little longer on my throat, no doubt admiring the beautiful choker I was wearing; black leather with a jewel-encrusted cross in the middle.

“You look good enough to eat, my dear,” he announced once he’d finished studying me. “Forgive me. Your beauty is such that it has made me forget my manners.”

He held out his hand. “I am Dracula.”

I felt the corners of my mouth twitching, and I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing. Sure you are, buddy, I thought. Oh well, for one night of the year you get to be anybody you want. It was just a bit of harmless fun. Who was I to deny him?

“I’m Tawny,” I replied, shaking his hand. It was cold. Of course it was. The guy probably kept running to the kitchen to stick his hands in the deep freeze to keep up the pretence. He was taking his vampire costume very seriously. Oh well, hopefully he’d loosen up after a few drinks.

“It is wonderful to meet you,” he said, bringing my hand to his lips. He lingered there a little too long, and I resisted the temptation to pull away. He had looks, style and manners. The perfect gentleman. But he was sending shivers up my spine, and not in a good way. The way he was adopting a posh European accent was freaking me out, too. It sounded so real that he must have been practicing for weeks before the party, just so he could sound like his paranormal idol.

“Okay, buddy,” I sighed, bored of the pretence now, “I’m gonna go and get a drink. Catch you later.”

“I hope to see you later, my dear,” he said, with a nod and a bow.


*****

Lucy Felthouse is a very busy woman! She writes erotica and erotic romance in a variety of subgenres and pairings, and has over eighty publications to her name, with many more in the pipeline. These include Best Bondage Erotica 2012, 2013 and 2014 and Best Women's Erotica 2013. Another string to her bow is editing, and she has edited and co-edited a number of anthologies. She owns Erotica For All, and is book editor for Cliterati. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9

Comments

Popular Posts