The Scariest Book I've Ever Read

by Lucy Felthouse

As a rule, I don't read very much full on horror, because I've got such a vivid imagination that I get genuinely terrified. Especially if it's about stuff that could actually happen. Having said that, I do read two or three horror authors, one of them being Thomas Harris. Yes, I know, I chose to read something that could actually happen! *shudders*

I've got a bumper copy of Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal, and I read it all a few years back. Needless to say I only read it in broad daylight and most often when there was someone else around. I'd sit in the staff room of the place I was working at the time reading it on my lunch break, and jump out of my skin every time I heard a noise.

I found these to be genuinely terrifying books, and yet, could appreciate the skill of the writing at the same time. Also, Hannibal Lecter himself is a truly scary character. There's a good reason the books are so popular and have been converted into films and TV shows! So, sure, if you like being very scared, then check out these books for definite. Especially in the run up to Halloween.

But maybe, just maybe, if you're looking for something creepy but won't give you a heart attack, check out my spooky Halloween read, Weekend at Wilderhope Manor ;)

Happy reading,
Lucy x


*****

Lucy Felthouse is a very busy woman! She writes erotica and erotic romance in a variety of subgenres and pairings, and has over eighty publications to her name, with many more in the pipeline. These include Best Bondage Erotica 2012, 2013 and 2014 and Best Women's Erotica 2013. Another string to her bow is editing, and she has edited and co-edited a number of anthologies. She owns Erotica For All, and is book editor for Cliterati. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9

Comments

Popular Posts