November = NaNoWriMo

By Lucy Felthouse

November, for many writers, spells a mad dash to 50,000 words, i.e. NaNoWriMo, otherwise known as National Novel Writing Month. This November spells it for me, too. I've never taken part before as I've often been worried about not being able to keep up with the word count, but I had research and a novel waiting to be written, so I thought it would be a good way to spur me on.

So far it's going really well. Usually, the daily word count is 1,666, but because I don't work or write at weekends, that upped it to 2,500 words for me, which is still doable. So far I've been going slightly over that, so I'm very pleased. I have the entire book planned out, it's a werewolf erotic romance/thriller set in the Peak District in Derbyshire, England. It seems that once I have the determination, the planning and the research in place, I can write much faster, so yay! Here's to completing 50k of my book The Persecution of the Wolves, by the end of November. Then I'm hoping to finish the whole thing and have it subbed to a publisher by the end of January 2014.

I'm really enjoying NaNoWriMo and writing my novel so far, so fingers crossed I can complete the challenge!

If anyone wants to see my progress or "buddy" me - I'm here: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/creativewriter1985

Happy reading,
Lucy x

P.S. I have a story in an anthology that comes out today, a charity anthology. Coming Together: In The Trenches has all proceeds going to Protect Our Defenders, a fantastic tribute this Veterans Day/Remembrance Day.

*****
Lucy Felthouse is a very busy woman! She writes erotica and erotic romance in a variety of subgenres and pairings, and has over eighty publications to her name, with many more in the pipeline. These include Best Bondage Erotica 2012, 2013 and 2014 and Best Women's Erotica 2013. Another string to her bow is editing, and she has edited and co-edited a number of anthologies. She owns Erotica For All, and is book editor for Cliterati. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9

Comments

Popular Posts