Muscle Sunday

by Kellyann Zuzulo
Super Bowl Sunday is this Sunday! So exciting! I'm planning to bake puff pastries, serve veggies and hummus (that dip stuff will sack your efforts at cholesterol control), whip up a bowl of chili, with real meat. I will be an avid spectator. One question: Who's playing? Doesn't really matter to me. I like to watch anyway. I enjoy the exhibition of fine American physicality.

And I don't think it's sexist of me to say that I'm glad men are the ones playing. After all, as Phyllis Diller said: "The reason women don't play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public."


I think romance fans and football fans have a lot in common. If you're a romance reader, you've probably noticed that most of our heroes are fit and firm. If you're an author, you will have described your fair share of ridged abs, corded arms, and the thick, hard line of a ....leg (what did you think I was going to say?)
According to Men's Health magazine, there are ten muscles that women just love. (You can read the entire article here.)
  1. Abdominals in the shape of a six-pack
  2. Popeye forearms
  3. Gluteus maximus, a.k.a a nice butt
  4. A broad back
  5. Sculpted Shoulders
  6. Rock-hard calves
  7. A Big Chest (doesn't specify hairy or smooth)
  8. Large Biceps
  9. Strong Hamstrings
That about covers the entire body. Of course, if all these were collected in one specimen, it may be a bit much (unless they're on a football field). But a bulge here and there never hurt anyone. Uh, I mean a goal here and there... 
Best Wishes,
Pick up The Genie Smolders today!

Comments

Popular Posts