Q and A Monday: Get to know a Lachesis Publishing Author (Lindy S. Hudis)

City-of-toys-linds-s-kudis-500x724SM-CLUB-COVERWelcome to our Lachesis Publishing Q and A Monday. Every Monday we feature a Q and A with one of Lachesis Publishing's wonderful authors. Today, Lindy S. Hudis shares some insight about her life and her writing. Lindy has written several books for Lachesis Publishing, including the mystery Weekends, a women's fiction with a dose of suspense City of Toys and the erotica series Devon and Desiree which includes two installments so far: The S and M Club and The Mile High Club.

When did you first realize you wanted to become a writer and why?

I realized I want to be a writer by accident, really. I was pregnant with my daughter, so I was home alone quite a bit. I always loved to read, and I had this fantasy about writing. So, to pass the time, I sat down at the computer and it just came out of me. I mostly did it to alleviate the boredom of being home by myself. Then, the next thing I knew I had about two-hundred pages. To make a long story short, I put a query letter together, thought “what the heck” and started submitting it. I could wallpaper my house with all the rejection letters, but I eventually found a publisher, and there you go. My father-in-law isNorman Hudis , who wrote for a number of television shows back in the '60s and '70s. He has always been an inspiration to me, and was the one who encouraged me to pursue writing. I was very nervous about him seeing my manuscript for the first time, as he is this successful writer, but he really liked what I had and encouraged me to keep on writing.

Describe your favourite place to write?

In the bed with my laptop in my lap, or at my desktop on my desk. It is just a matter of my mood.

What would I find on your desk at this very moment?

Clutter. Lots and lots of clutter. Pens, pencils, my kids t-ball registration forms, pictures, more pens, books, post-it notes and did I mention clutter? Also, lots of dust, I’m not very domestic.

What is your tea/coffee beverage of choice when you’re writing?

Water, I drink a liter of water a day.

What do you love to read?
 
My bookshelf is a very eclectic mix of self-help, fiction, and movie scripts. It is hard for me to name a specific type of genre I like to read, I just like having a book in my hand. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors. He is so prolific. Even though I don’t write horror, he is a huge inspiration.

What is some good advice you can give to an emerging writer?

Don’t give up, never do. Follow your bliss, because your bliss is your path!

What do you do after you finish a book? Do you celebrate or take a nap?

I celebrate while I am taking a nap!

Tell us about the inspiration/idea for your Lachesis erotica novella series about Devon and Desiree and their sexploits.

I read an article in a magazine one time about a private bondage club in LA. It seemed very interesting to me, so, my imagination being as vivid as it is, I went to work. It is a fantasy series for me.

Your mystery Weekends and your women’s fiction (which has some suspense) City of Toys, are both set in Los Angeles/Hollywood. Why do you think Hollywood holds such a mystique for us?

People seem to be fascinated with the movie business. Los Angeles seems to be this magical, mysterious place that so many people dream about. I think it takes people back to the Golden Age of Hollywood, with the red carpet, glamorous movie stars and celebrity gossip. Everybody seems to be interested. Maybe people want some sort of fantasy escape, or our celebrity culture is responsible? Maybe a bit of both.

What are you working on next? 

LindyHudisRight now I am working on the next installment for my erotic short story series. The working title is “Backstage Pass”. I was a big fan of the '80s “hair metal” bands, and I got to meet some of the rock stars on a few occasions. Hopefully I will be finished by the end of the summer. In the meantime, come visit me on Facebook or Twitter!








Comments

  1. And to think I knew you when we shared some of my erotic writings hehehe So happy for you dear Lindy and I bet your mom is just as excited as you Tell her hello for me ok !!
    TK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts