An incredible story of a great love in deep space . . .

STARBORN-COVERTUESDAY'S REVOLVING BOOK is the science fiction romance STAR BORN by ANN O'BANNON.
 

RT Reviews Top Pick! "...an incredible story with staying power."
Buy at the following locations:
amazon

Nook
Kobo
All Romance E-Books
Lachesis Publishing

WHAT IT'S ABOUT:
After surviving an out-of-body experience, Major Karen O’Reilly leaves her heart in the hands of a handsome alien on the other side of the cosmos. The Allied Nations of Earth send her on a mission into deep space and it happens again. Only this time, she learns how to tap into the power of the universe and develops an unearthly ability.


Commodore Caradoc Rimon’s fate was sealed when his father’s medallion materialized out of thin air, binding him to a star born sprite. Unable to resist her allure, he begins to questions his sanity -is she flesh and blood, or spirit born? Could Solomon’s legend be true?

Discover the true meaning of freedom, experience the magic of astral planing, and share in the destiny of these two star-crossed lovers who bring to fruition a spirited legacy born of the stars…

Q and A with Ann O'Bannon:
Ann O'Bannon is our guest author today. Yesterday, we posted a sneak peek of her science fiction romance, Star Dust. Ann has another science fiction romance with Lachesis, called Star Born. Her books forge ahead into the future of space travel and reflect on what could be, but always with a powerful love story at their core.

When did you first realize you wanted to become a writer and why?
I never really wanted to be a writer, it just happened. My daughter used to leave unfinished stories lying around the house. They were good, so I showed her how to plan an outline in the hopes that she would finish them. As parents, aren’t we supposed to lead by example? I started to write what I loved: Science fiction with a romantic element, and the characters came to life in my head and demanded I tell their story.

Describe your favorite place to write?
When I wrote the first three books, I wrote them at night, when my children were sleeping and there wasn’t a sound in the house. I think the setting set my muse free.

What would I find on your desk at this very moment?
As I write these answers, I have a ledger, a pile of bills & receipts that need to be posted, a bundle of mail, and a huge box of seeds that still need to be planted. Oh, it’s also 6:00 am, and I’m having coffee before getting started with my day.

What is your tea/coffee beverage of choice when you’re writing?
Hot chocolate, but sometimes a snifter of 20 year old Port.

What do you love to read?
Futuristic romances, especially when they are set in the stars.

What is some good advice you can give to an emerging writer?
Welcome helpful criticism, not just flattery. It’s tough, but don’t give up.

What do you do after you finish a book? Do you celebrate or take a nap?
Breathe a sigh of relief.

You have written science fiction romances for Lachesis. What attracts you to science fiction?
There are no boundaries with science fiction. The only limitations are what is true to science, otherwise you are free to create your own worlds, races, lifestyles and beliefs.

You’ve written two books in your richly woven Star Born the Shimuran Legacy series so far. Where did the idea for this series come from and how did you approach the research?

The first book, Star Dust, took place in our own galaxy therefore I had to do a lot of research into our solar system. In the second book, Star Born, we travel beyond what we know, so creativity took over.

What are you working on next?
The third book, Star Burst, is already written. I wrote all three books before I had a grasp on the art of storytelling. In the process of getting the first two books ready for publishing, I grew as an author, and the stories became more complex. Star Burst’s story line is intact, but the book itself needs to be re-written. All the editing did a number on my brain, and curbed my creativity. Writing became a chore, not a joy. I hope to capture that joy again so that the remainder of the saga can be told.

Comments

Popular Posts