Halloween

Halloween is almost here. Goblins and ghouls, witches and vampires, zombies and Li'l Bo Peep...?


Haunted houses, costume parties, and trick or treat. What will you do come Friday?

Will you host a spooky, very scary party? Hand out goodies to the little ones? Watch horror films? Will you dress up and freak out your neighbors?

What are your fondest memories of Halloween? Did you carve pumpkins? Bob for apples? My friend's mom used to host a "Haunted Home" where she would blind-fold us and have us stick our hands in wet spaghetti and touch oiled olives, telling us they were the brains and eyeballs of the dead. Scary music played, skeletons and black cats were scattered around, and my friend's dad would jump out from behind the door to scare the be-jesus out of us. The memories are still strong after all these years.  

We used to go to the pumpkin patch in search of the "perfect one" and then we'd carve our favorite picture into it. My brother always went for the gruesome pictures, while I stuck to cute things like cats and witches. He loved the horror shows, while I cringed and ended up having nightmares. To this day, I can't watch that stuff.

All the popular shows of today freak me out. American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Bates Motel and Game of Thrones are loved by many. I just don't have the stomach for them.

I guess that's one of the reasons I write the types of stories that I do. The happily ever after kind.

I'll stick to the challenges we face in our daily lives and leave the gore to you.

Whatever you fancy, enjoy, have fun, but remember to be safe out there!

Happy Halloween!










Comments

  1. I used to love scary movies... scary but not gory. I'm still not big on gore unless it's "graphic forensic content." My sister and I used to watch horror movies and thriller on TV when we could get the family room to ourselves. The movies didn't scare me, but my sister did. She'd scream and I'd practically jump out of my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, Alison. I don't mind suspenseful scary, but gore, no way!! It's COLD and Windy here, wonder if it will keep the "trick or treat"-ers away? How's your weather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wet and chilly. My son is going to hang out with friends tonight and my daughter and I will probably find something spooky to watch on Netflix. The only thing that will get me out tonight is the offer of a Pumpkin Spice Latte. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts