Happy Thanksgiving (USA)

From the writing desk of Christine Mazurk


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

When asked what my favorite tradition is on Thanksgiving, I answered that we cook our turkey in a brown paper bag. People always respond the same way: "Doesn't the bag burn?" No, and you end up with a crispy, perfectly cooked turkey with no fuss. No basting, no checking the oven, etc. Until it is time to take the turkey out to carve it!

Here's how to do it:

Get a bag big enough to fit the turkey inside. You'll need a little extra space to roll the bag closed, so it seals in the juices. (I use a brown grocery store bag.) Take a softened stick of butter and butter the entire inside of the bag.

Follow baking directions on the turkey for time and temperature.

Season your turkey as you like. I use Montreal steak seasoning, cilantro, and thyme. I even put seasonings in the cavity. Place the turkey in the bag, roll it up, put it in a turkey roasting pan, and put it in the preheated oven. Cook as directed for the weight of the turkey. Simply leave it in the oven for the duration. Take it out when the timer goes off, cut the bag open, carve turkey and ENJOY!!! 

A few things I'm thankful for this year. The loving support of my husband. My family and friends. My publishing career and all of the fabulous people I've met and worked with because of it! I'm thankful that Tango found us on Christmas Eve - five years ago. That we adopted Samba to play with Tango. I'm thankful for my health and that I'm filled with creative energy to keep writing my stories!!

Wishing everyone a spectacular Holiday Season!

Find me on Facebook, twitter and LinkedIn



.     

Comments

Popular Posts