Happy Family Day

By Alison Bruce

I often find inspiration for characters and situations in my own family... or because of my family. Ewenice, for instance, came to me while watching a show on guardian dogs with my kids. I'm not sure that any of them scared off a pack of wolves, one bear and two stray dogs in one day, but that's their job. And some sheep will let the dogs sleep on top or against them during the day when they get to rest.

www.lovetreefarmstead.com
"Livestock guardian dogs stay with the group of animals they protect as a full-time member of the flock or herd. Their ability to guard their herd is mainly instinctive, as the dog is bonded to the herd from an early age. Unlike the often smaller herding dogs that control the movement of the livestock, LGDs blend in with them, watching for intruders within the flock." Wikipedia

The dogs and sheep get along so well because they are raised together. They're family. Something close my heart.

To those of you enjoying the day off... or looking forward to going home to your family at the end of the day...

Happy Family Day!

And don't forget the wise words of Red Green: "Be really nice to your friends and family. You never know when you are going to need them to empty your bedpan."

Comments

Popular Posts