Easter Egg Hunt

By Alison Bruce
"An Easter egg is an intentional inside joke, hidden message, or feature in a work such as a computer program, video game, movie, book, or crossword puzzle."
Wikipedia
I love Easter eggs. My favourites are Cadbury Mini Eggs and the kind you find embedded in fiction.

One of the most famous Easter eggs was the Superman in Seinfeld. I never watched the show but I knew about it.

I love Buffy's line in Once More with Feeling when she learns her sister Dawn has been kidnapped: "It must be Tuesday." (At the time, the new shows were aired on Tuesday nights.)  A similar remark was dropped in The Simpsons about the odd way that no matter how bad things got, it would all sort itself out in a week.

In my own stories, I lean toward Star Trek references. In A Bodyguard to Remember, Pru complains, "I'm a mother not a..." paraphrasing a certain grumpy doctor.

What are your favourite Easter Eggs?


Comments

Popular Posts