Can love erase the horror of four years in prison for a crime he didn't commit?

MontanaMan_600FRIDAY'S FANTASTIC FIND is the historical western romance MONTANA MAN by DeANN SMALLWOOD

ABOUT THE BOOK:
Ben rose from the river, and like a dog, shook the water from his eyes. This was his third bath since he’d left Yuma Territorial Prison, and still the stench lived in his nostrils. Immersing his pain-wracked body, he reveled in the clear, cold water of the lazy moving Colorado.

Four years. Four years chained to stone floors and walls in a dark, crowded cell where daytime temperatures rose past 110 degrees. The prison, more aptly called ‘Hell Hole’, lived up to its name. He’d gone in a boyhe’d come out a man. Four years paying for a crime he didn’t commit.

Wisteria pulled on the wagon reins, her heart racing. On the rocky bank, lying on one, outstretched arm, fingers trailing in the river, was the body of a man. She jumped down from the wagon and with trepidation tried to move him, begging him to assist her.

“Can’t,” he muttered.

“Mister, I don’t know who you are, but ‘can’t’ isn’t working. Let me tell you a couple cant’s-I can’t lift you and I can’t leave you here to die.”

DeANN SMALLWOOD AUTHOR BIO:
I live in Colorado with my husband and my two Yorkie kid dogs: Stormy, four pounds, and Eli, six pounds. I’m a native of Colorado, but I’ve lived several years in Wyoming and Montana. I draw from these beautiful states for most of my books. My Western Historical Romances are: Montana Star, Sapphire Blue, Unconquerable Callie, One Shingle To Hang, and Wyoming Heather and One Shingle To Hang. Tears In The Wind is a contemporary romance. Then I changed genres from my beloved romances and wrote, under the pen name of D. M. Woods, my first suspense/thriller: Death Crosses The Finish Line. The second book in this ‘death’ series, Death Is A Habit, came out January 8, 2014. I am currently working on the third book in the ‘death’ series, Death Walks C Dock. I am also working on another Western Historical Romance, Montana Man. It features the characters readers came to know and love in Montana Star. Truly, I mean it when I say my greatest pleasure next to writing is having my books read and enjoyed. There are many more stories just waiting to be written

CONNECT WITH DEANN SMALLWOOD ONLINE:
facebook
https://www.facebook.com/deann.smallwood.1?fref=ts

WHAT READERS ARE SAYING:
I thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Smallwood's realistic and fast-paced novel. There was not a single place where the story bogged down, and I never had any doubt about the time and place in which the story occurred. This fictional tale, where the heroine rescues a hero just released from prison and near death, provides a pleasing change from the boy meets girl, boy gets girl, they live happily ever after. Montana Man is not something the reader feels was written to meet word requirements or to fill a mandated outline. The heroine, Wisteria, (love the name) makes sacrifices that might cause her to forfeit the love she feels for Ben (the hero), and although he's embroiled in memories from a painful four years in prison and a vendetta still to be met, she becomes his reason for living. The author certainly knows how to illicit emotions and put the reader into the character's shoes. Not only does Ben see the score evened and find the peace he seeks, there is much more in his future he didn't see coming. I read the book in one sitting, it was that good. Bravo DeAnn Smallwood. You write a great story. mizging01

Comments

Popular Posts