It's Christmas. What could possibly go wrong? Just a pesky little thing called Murder! #cozymystery #VinnieEsposito #amreading

SEASON FOR MURDER COVERTHIS WEEK'S DEAL OF THE WEEK IS Season for Murder, by J.M. GriffinVinnie Esposito Series (Book 5).
You can also get it FOR .99 cents (or less) on AmazonKoboBarnes and Noble and iBooks.

What it's about:
When a woman is poisoned to death at a Christmas bake sale that Vinnie’s mother organized, suspicion turns to Mrs. Esposito.
Vinnie is not about to stand by and let her mother get framed for murder, no matter that Vinnie’s dad forbids them from sneaking around. Her boyfriend, sexy State Trooper Marcus Richmond is worried about Vinnie’s safety, not to mention any laws she might be breaking. Her friend and upstairs tenant, FBI Agent Aaron Grant is off on a secret mission, so at least he’s not around to yell at her.
Vinnie is determined to find out who is behind this evil act . . . and why. The trouble is, Vinnie gets her tenaciousness from her mother, and when the two of them start snooping, danger follows.
But nobody messes with the Esposito family. Not even a cold-blooded killer.
imagesTis-the-Season.jpegEXCERPT:
The door burst open. My aunt Muffy entered the house like the invasion of Normandy. Mom and I turned toward her at the same time.
“Well, Mafalda, come on in,” Mom said rising to get another glass.
“Make mine Burgundy, Theresa,” Muffy ordered.
With a kiss to her cheek, I waited until Muffy settled at the table before I glanced out the window to see if anyone else would storm the house. All was clear. I resumed my seat.
“Did you know that Iva Lindon passed away? I just got a call from Concetta Fonseca. She said it happened a little while ago,” Muffy blurted.
“I know. I was there when it happened. So was Lavinia.” Mom set the wine glass and bottle on the table in front of Muffy.
My aunt is a strong-minded woman with a mouth that would put a truck driver to shame. She also dated mob connected men. A habit we couldn’t seem to break her of. Muffy had a heart of gold where the family was concerned. She glanced at me and then turned to stare at my mother’s tear-streaked face.
“Don’t even tell me you’re both involved in this unfortunate woman’s death. Good God, can you not stay out of trouble for one minute, Lavinia?”
“I didn’t do anything,” I said with hands outstretched to ward off the oncoming lecture. “I was an innocent bystander in all this, Auntie.”
“So, tell me what happened,” Muffy demanded as her jet black eyes became intense and sparkly.
My mother shared our experience. She managed to keep it together when describing the scene where Iva croaked.
“Imagine that,” was all Muffy could say as she glanced at the two of us and gulped the remaining liquor from her glass.
“A policeman arrived, and I think he wanted to arrest me. I’m sure of it. Mrs. Galumpky was very offensive, and if Lavinia hadn’t intervened, I’d have been hauled away in handcuffs.”
Muffy’s dark eyes peered at me when she turned in my direction.
“Did you know this cop?”
“Yeah, it was Nick Pirelli. He patrols that neighborhood. Do you remember him? He lived down the street from us as kids.”
“I do. His father was an ass and his mother was a timid woman who jumped when his father said so, the bully.” Muffy snickered. “I kicked his ass more than once when we were young.”
Chuckling at the idea of my short, stout aunt kicking some guy’s butt, I watched my mother begin to relax. Muffy kept the stream of stories up until my mother had restored her sense of humor. Leave it to Muffy to save the day, I thought with relief.
Connect with J.M. Griffin on social media: twitter, web site, facebook

Comments

Popular Posts