New Adult Continuity Series Set in the Canadian Rockies

by Cathryn Fox

What do you get when you combine six authors, a laptop, and a stack of ideas as high as the Rocky Mountains?  A brand new Summer Lovin’ continuity series set in the Canadian Rockies, of course!



Cathryn Fox kicks things off on July 7th with CRASHING DOWN, the first of six stories with each book releasing two weeks apart.



“I must say, I’m very excited about the entire series.  Not only do we have characters making appearances in each others’ stories, and a beautiful mountain resort as the backdrop, these books have everything readers love in the New Adult genre: love, sex, angst, betrayal and pain.  I’ve written over fifty books and I’m often asked which is my favorite.  It’s a hard question to answer, but I must say CRASHING DOWN is at the top of the list.  I didn’t hold any punches with my tortured hero, Noah.  I let him act the way any twenty-one year old emotionally wrecked guy would act, and I really hope my readers come away loving him as much as I do.”

Audra North follows on July 21st with LOSING IT, and here’s what she has to say about the collaboration.



“I was so excited when Cathryn and Jan invited me to be a part of the Summer Lovin’ series. Not only did I get to collaborate with two writers whom I already knew and loved; I got to know new authors, as well! It’s funny, because I thought of our group a lot as I was writing my story, LOSING IT. The heroine, Emery, is afraid to get close to others because she has a lot of trust issues. As a result, she doesn’t have any friends, and her life is pretty lonely. Definitely not like the fun, chatty group of authors in the Summer Lovin’ series! Luckily, Ryan, the hero, teaches her how important it is to open up and let others in. It can lead to wonderful opportunities!”


Next up is Renee Field.  LOVING LIES releases on August 4th.




“It’s so cool that the Summer Lovin’ series is a mix of Canadian and American authors.  It truly gives us a unique flare when it comes to writing new adult romance. With our diverse backgrounds, ranging from marketing, nursing, journalism, editing and finance, we all bring something new and unique to the table, and I can honestly say it’s been a pleasure to brainstorm, and work with these talented ladies. There wasn’t a diva amongst us, and when we ran into scheduling conflicts, we were all willing to make changes to accommodate each other. While writing LOVING LIES, I fell in love with Blake, a young man just finishing his university degree and trying to find his way in life while making it rich only to discover that love and life’s lessons have a way of derailing those set goals.”


Jan Meredith releases on August 18th with TAMING TESS.




“Collaborating with these wonderful women on the Summer Lovin’ series had been a blast as well as a blessing. You never know when or how you’ll meet someone who will become important to you. You could be next door neighbors, or live hundreds of miles apart, but if Fate wants you together, she will find a way and you may as well sit back and enjoy the ride. Cathryn and I met during NaNoWriMo in November of 2012 and became critique partners and although we’ve never physically met, we’ve become great friends. In TAMING TESS, Tess travels from Nashville, TN to Canada, and Stone Cliff Resort to escape her past only to find a former soldier from Montana with a wounded soul searching for a moment of peace. What they find may change their life forever.”                                                                                                              

Lilly Cain follows on September 1st with SURVIVING NIKKI, and the series came at just the right time for her to return to daily writing.




“New Adult is a breath of fresh air; it’s jumping back into writing without a parachute! When we first talked about writing the series I found the whole thing fascinating – how we could write our own books yet tie them together with theme and setting. I couldn’t wait to get started on SURVIVING NIKKI. And it’s been fun, meeting some new authors and working with a few (Cathryn, Renee and Sara) who I’ve known for a while. Doing what you love is so good and it shows in the end product.”


Last but not least Sara Hubbard releases SAVING SULLIVAN on September 15th.




“Speaking of diva’s,” Sara says, “There is one member in the group, (who’s name we shall not speak of, but it starts with a C!) that insisted I change the name of my heroine because she didn’t like it. I didn’t mind, because the book was so much fun to write, sneaking bits in to match up with the previous plots and falling in love with my hero. Since four of us have known each other for a while, writing together was comfortable, but I’ve found great new friends in Jan and Audra. It’s been an experience to share laughter over the Internet in a group where despite our distances and our different backgrounds we share a commonality in the love of romance. And now I get to share SAVING SULLIVAN, a story that I love, with everyone else!”

The authors of Summer Lovin’ have a contest going on - find out more at Cathryn Fox's blog here

Please sign up for the Summer Lovin' facebook page where the authors are holding contests and talking about their series.  https://www.facebook.com/SummerLovinNewAdultRomance

For more information about the Summer Lovin’ authors please visit their websites!


Comments

Popular Posts