Summer Lovin' Reads - What books do you love to read in the summer?

Summer time is a great time for reading. It's the time when many of us take vacation or head to a cottage or cabin on the weekends. The days are longer, we get up earlier and so we have some extra time to tuck into a good book.

1943a51e38f837556c4390de954716b5
When I was growing up, my mum worked in a nursing home as a housekeeper. The old ladies loved her and would give her treats to bring home to her girls, including bags of Harlequin romances! I would spend the entire summer reading those books. Okay, okay, many of them had that formula where the guy is a jerk the entire way through and then lo-and-behold at the end of the book he declares his love for her. But some of them were romantic comedies, my favourites, because the hero and heroine were far more engaging and fun.

Of course summer time was also when I'd get to read all my big fat historical romances - which I've written about before. One summer I went through all of Kathleen Woodiwiss's entire collection. I remember everyone was crazy about Shana but I never liked the heroine. The Wolf and the Dove will always be my favourite.
The-Amityville-Horror-Novel-200x321Summer time was also great for reading horror books like The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson, but I would always get so scared, I'd end up hiding them behind the other books on my shelf, so I couldn't see them. One summer I got into the true story books - Fatal Vision by Joe McGinniss and The Burning Bed by Faith McNulty. I read a lot of those books. I truly believe that everything I read as a kid had an impact on me - inspiring me to study journalism and film, and eventually becoming an editor. :)

I have a big TBR pile of books I want to read this summer, but for now, I'm enjoying reading through manuscripts.

So what books do you like to read in the summer?

I know that Lachesis Publishing has some great reads for summer right here!

Like our Lachesis Publishing page on facebook.
Follow us on twitter.
100_4277Joanna D’Angelo is Editor in Chief at Lachesis Publishing Inc. She loves Cinnamon Dolce Lattes, blogging and summer reading.

Comments

Popular Posts