Lindy S. Hudis former Hollywood actress turned author talks about her writing and her life

LindyAuthorNew Q and A Round 2 with author Lindy S. Hudis. Lindy has written several books for Lachesis Publishing, including the mystery Weekends, a women's fiction with a dose of suspense City of Toys and the erotica series Devon and Desiree which includes two installments so far: The S and M Club and The Mile High Club.

What was your favourite book as a child and why?

The_Giving_TreeThe Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.  It moved me to tears, and still does. I read it to my children, and have a copy in their library in their bedroom. Such a moving and powerful story, even for a kid's book. He was a very creative and amazing author.

Who was your favourite teacher growing up and why?

My favorite teachers where my instructors when I was attending NYU. I studied drama at Tisch School of the Arts, and the professors were wonderful, so inspiring. They really helped free my inner artist within. I cherish my NYU days, they were really an amazing time in my life. NYU was a culture shock for a girl from Germantown, Tennessee, but I loved NYC and NYU!

WEEKENDS COVER 2When did you know you wanted to be a writer? Why?

I have always had fantasies about writing. I used to make up characters, write little plays and act them out for my family. I just wrote short stories and ghost stories for fun. Then when I became pregnant with my daughter, and had lots of spare time on my hands, I just started writing, and writing, then all of a sudden I had a completed manuscript on my hands. That manuscript evolved into my first romance/suspense novel, Weekends.

Who in the writing/publishing world do you admire and why?

I admire the small publishers, like Lachesis Publishing. They are willing to take a chance on a new author with a fresh voice. I know that it is a business, but at the same time, agents and large houses should not be so afraid to take a chance on an unknown author. There are so many fresh stories out there just waiting to be told, with fresh passion and vision. If a publisher can look beyond the money issue and see this, then they have my respect.

Tell us about your daily writing routine – what do you typically do every day?

Wake up, take kids to school, go to gym then do some writing. I have just completed the third installment of my erotic short story series called Backstage Pass about an '80s rocker groupie. I do have to write my erotica when the kids are at school, so I can have my privacy. I don't want them to burst into the room to see what Mommy is writing!

What is your favourite snack or guilty pleasure food that you (may or many not ;) indulge in when writing?

I'm a bit of a health nut, so raw carrots, celery and fresh fruits and vegetables for me. Sometimes I  sneak and have some of my kid's goldfish crackers, but not too often. I also have my liter of water beside me, too.
Mile-High-Club-1400x2100-500x724What does “writing voice” mean to you? Describe your own writing voice.

My writing voice is the path that my characters take me. My work is very character driven, I guess that comes from my acting background. I get very attached to my characters, and I let them lead me on the journey. Sometimes I feel such a deep connection with my characters that they actually seem like friends, people I care deeply for. If I start talking to them, then everybody will think I'm crazy!

What do you want to accomplish in the next five years in your writing career?

To keep on writing, keep on attracting new readers, and to give any advice to new and aspiring writers. I just want to keep on doing what I am doing, and if readers enjoy my creative artistic expression and my stories, all the better.

All of Lindy's books are 50% off for the month of September in celebration of Lachesis Publishing's 9th Anniversary!

Connect with Lindy on Facebook or Twitter.
Like our Lachesis Publishing page on facebook.
Follow us on twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts