Now the Calendar's Just One Page

by Cate Masters



The video above’s one of my favorite Christmas duets. If you're like me, you like Christmas songs from any era. So I was surprised to come across the Christmas song trivia contest below in our local shopper newspaper last year - I have to admit, it stumped me. Let's see if you can fare any better.

Because it’s the season of giving, I’m giving away a PDF of any of my releases to the first person who correctly matches the song title to the artist (or has the most correct matches), and emails the answers to me at cate.masters AT gmail.com (please put Christmas Song Quiz in the subject line). Once I have a winner, I’ll post the quiz answers on my blog.

Song Title
a) Santa Got a DWI
b) Green Christmas
c) Christmas Can Kill You
d) Christmas Dragnet
e) Santa Claus and His Old Lady
f) I'm Gonna Lasso Santa Claus
g) St. Stephen's Day Murders
h) Who Took the Merry Out of Christmas?
i) Xmas Time (It Sure Doesn't Feel Like It)
j) Xmas at KMart
k) Daddy's Drinking Up our Christmas
l) Christmas at Ground Zero
m) Father Christmas
n) Santa to the Moon
o) I Won't Be Twisting This Christmas
p) To Heck with Ole Santa Claus
q) Mama's Twistin' with Santa
r) Fairytale of New York
s) They Shined Up Rudolph's Nose
t) It Doesn't Have to Be That Way
u) I'm a Christmas Tree
v) Christmas in Prison
w) Papa Ain't No Santa Claus (And Mama Ain't No Christmas Tree)
x) Santafly
y) Christmas Wrapping

Artists
1) The Everly Brothers
2) Brenda Lee
3) Root Boy Slim
4) Mighty Mighty Bosstones
5) Sherwin Linton
6) Stan Freberg
7) Cheech and Chong
8) Wild Man Fincher
9) Weird Al Yankovic
10) Stan Freberg and Daws Butler
11) Elvis Costello
12) Loretta Young
13) Commander Cody
14) Johnny Horton
15) Martin Mull
16) Father Guido Sarducci
17) Sonny Cole
18) Staple Singers
19) Doug Legacy and the Legends of the West
20) Marc Anthony
21) Butterbeans and Susie
22) The Waitresses
23) The Kinks
24) The Pogues
25) Jim Croce

Meanwhile, enjoy The Raveonette's Christmas Song. May all your Christmas wishes come true.



Cate Masters writes fantasy/dark fantasy, historical, contemporary and speculative fiction, described by reviewers as “so compelling I I did not want to put it down,” “such romantic tales that really touch your soul,” “filled with action scenes which made it a riveting story,” and “the author weaves a great tale with a creative way of using words that makes the story refreshing to read.” Visit Cate online at www.catemasters.com, www.catemasters.blogspot.com or follow her on Facebook or Twitter.

Comments

  1. Yes, that's why I did so poorly. :) But it's mix or match, so if you email me any answers, you could still match a few!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Great idea! I also love that performance between Bowie and Crosby. I love those old Christmas TV specials - there really is no one who can carry that torch today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Bowie outsings Bing! But no one can sing White Christmas like him. They make a great duo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I have a winner already! I'm impressed. I'll post the name and the quiz answers tomorrow on my blog at http://catemasters.blogspot.com.
    Thanks, and happy holidays, everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts