DOMAIN NAME PAIN? TAKE A DOSE OF THEPOPCULTUREDIVAS TO MAKE IT GO AWAY.

By Joanna D'Angelo

So here we are. Again. After a few weeks hiatus. Well, not so different really. Just a few tweaks here and there. And kind of a new name. We're now called thepopculturedivas rather than "popculturedivas". Here's why. We switched over to a domain name last year rather than use the "blogspot" domain address. We wanted a domain to call our own. And so popculturedivas was born. But the web hosting company that runs the name game (I won't mention who they are) sent me a notice to my gmail account (which in all honesty I rarely check because it's not my main e-mail address and all I ever seem to get on that account are e-mails from J. Crew - no idea why.)

Anyway I didn't get the message and our blog went off the air so to speak - with no grace period and when I got in touch with the powers that be - I found out that our cute little domain name had been auctioned off to some dude who I guess collects domain names. Jerk. Well, we had the last laugh on him! We just added a "the" to the name and voila! We are now THE popculturedivas. And I think it suits us even better. Quite classy if I do say so myself.

But being a curious cat, I wanted to know what is currently inhabiting our old domain name. And here it is folks! This is what pops up first on google:

Hmm... I was intrigued. I have no idea how these things work and how an online drug entity is suddenly using my old blog domain name. I guess there are jerks who go around buying domain names that sound cool and then rent them out to online drug sellers or whoever else wants the space.


But then I got curious about Adderall - what exactly does it do? I'm always curious when I find out about a drug name.  I'm weird that way.

Here is what drugs.com says: Adderall is a central nervous system stimulant. It affects chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control. Adderall is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Adderall may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say. (Oh, hush you all use wikipedia too) :

Adderall is a brand-name psychostimulant by increasing the amount of dopamine and norepinephrinedopamine reuptake inhibitor and in the brain. In addition, the drug also acts as a potent norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor.

Hey wouldn't we all like to inhibit the reuptake of our dopamine and norepinephrine levels? I actually know what that means. That's what having a panic disorder will do to you. You get kind of obsessed with hormones and neurotransmitters like serotonin, especially 'cause they can get wonky sometimes. ;)

Adderall is widely reported to increase alertness, increase libido, increase concentration and overall cognitive performance, and in general, improve mood, while decreasing user fatigue. 

Bonus! You maybe be depressed or have ADHD but by golly your libido will be on overdrive thanks to Adderall.  That's where the real money is folks.


Like other powerful stimulant drugs, such as methamphetamine, and cocaine, Adderall directly affects the mesolimbic reward pathway in the brain. Because of this, Adderall has a relatively high potential for abuse and addiction; especially if the drug is misused. In the United States, Adderall is a Schedule II drug under the Controlled Substance Act due to having "significant abuse and addiction potential".

Ah, now we get to the crux of the matter. Now I know why Adderall is listed on the popculturedivas domain name. Because just like our blog Adderall is highly addictive!

Well, to be honest I don't mind if you become addicted to our blog. In fact I encourage you to increase the dosage. :D

I want to thank all of the Divas and my other pals and honourary Divos and Divas for being so supportive during my mini-stress out when this happened. I was quite upset because you see I am rather fond of this blog. My blogging "career" began in 2006 as a diary of sorts while I was working on my documentary about romance writers. Back then the blog was called missmakeamovie. Over time it grew into something bigger and broader and became a group blog. So we launched this new blog to reflect that.

Anyway - no matter what social networking sites I spend time on - this - this is the place I most like to hang out.  Our little corner of the blog-o-sphere where we can chat about books, movies, TV shows and other fun stuff that writers generally like to chat about.

And to the Divas - I enjoy reading each and every one of your posts - and when I get the chance I love visiting your other blogs as well.

Thank you. Now let's get back to having fun.


Cheers!
Joanna

Comments

  1. 'the' makes anything sound like royalty - regal - tres importante. A right, proper title for a diva. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks FR! I think you're right. I like our new name better. Thanks for all your support. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adderal, Smatteral. Sorry for the name grab, Joanna. That must have stung. Apparently it's quite the common thing to grab a site the second it hasn't been renewed, and then make money off it with advertisements.

    No worries. The new name is perfect!

    And I'm happy to be a new member of ThePopCutureDivas! xo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela - yeah - I guess you're right.But it's kinda stinky. And I am just so tickled that you're on board too! yay! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts