Youtube Cinema Part 2

by Kayla Perrin

I admit, this is a bit of a cheat. Since I posted my blog last month SOOOO late and most everyone missed it, I am reposting the blog I wrote about the wonderful world of Youtube cinema. However, I've changed the films I featured, giving you new ones to discover and enjoy!

There are a myriad of weird videos on Youtube, which you'll know if you're like me and you check out the site. Like videos of people's kids doing weird things, odd animal friendships (like rats and cats getting along), numerous book trailers, and the various beauty tutorials (I've uploaded one myself). But I recently discovered a whole new venue for independent filmmakers.

Digital video has made creating movies easy...and cheap. I certainly like to take advantage of my camera's HD video mode for my child's birthday parties, special family occasions, and even to make a couple of my own book trailers. Now, aspiring filmmakers are not only producing short films to share with the world via Youtube...they're making some with amazing visual quality.

Video quality has grown leaps and bounds over the past few years, and much of the quality looks like film. I've been impressed with the quality of the video, the storylines, and the acting.

So, without further ado, I'll share some of the wonderful short films I have found with you. Enjoy! And I wish all of you the merriest of Christmases and all the best for 2011!!







And I found this filmmaker on Youtube, but this particular film is posted on Vimeo. It's a short horror film and VERY well done!


Canon 550D horrorfilm ("R.I.P") from Anders Øvergaard on Vimeo.

This one is a comedy--quite funny!



Now, this is a bit of a cheat again...my holiday greeting from last year. I've been at a ski resort with my daughter this week and haven't had time to do a new one. But, the sentiment is the same...so enjoy! And HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Comments

  1. Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts