The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!

By Murissa Shalapata

The 83rd Academy Awards

It is awards season and this year it's on!
Although I am not overly excited about the films featured in this years Oscar nominations I do love competitions! So let's try it shall we?

Post your picks for this year's nominations and if you beat me I will send you a gift pack featuring a signed issue #4 of Other Magazine which features talented writers from all over the Okanagan here in B.C., Canada. This care pack also includes two novels by Canadian authors. Only the first five people who post in the comment box below will be entered to win. The objective is that you beat the amount of my correct answers which will be revealed below.

In the event of a tie both winners will receive a care package! However, both participants must have beat my score which we will know by the end of the show, around 8:30-9:30 pacific time.
I limited the picks to only 7 of the 24 categories. You can visit www.oscars.org to find the nominations and print off your own ballots to follow along on February 27th when it is aired.


Here are my picks!

Actor In a Leading Role - Colin Firth - The King's Speech

Actor In a Supporting Role - Christian Bale - The Fighter

Actress In a Leading Role - Annette Bening - The Kids are All Right

Actress In a Supporting Role - Melissa Leo - The Fighter
(although I want to say Hailee Steinfeld for True Grit)

Best Picture - The Social Network

and of course I will include Writing for us enthusiasts of the craft!

Writing (Adapted Screenplay) - The Social Network - Aaron Sorkin

Writing (Original Screenplay) - The King's Speech - David Seidler

Good Luck to all the participants! Please also to remember to include an e-mail address so I can contact you if you are the winner!
Tune in Feb. 27th 2011, 5 pm Pacific time

Comments

  1. OMG! What a list. ;) I haven't seen all the films so I couldn't even begin to guess. But you are a true Oscar buff! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW -- didn't realize how out the loop I was with new movies. Pfft. I'll use the kids as my excuse, as i've seen Toy Story 3.

    No, really, I've seen a couple of them, and heard of a lot of them.

    My guess is that Black Swan will walk away with more than two awards. True Grit will probably win something, too. I'm meh on whether a movie about Facebook could win something, but it wouldn't surprise me.

    And what the heck is Inception doing in that list? That is one movie I did see...the first twenty minutes of it. Talk about not living up to the hype. But again, it wouldn't surprise me if it won something.

    I usually don't watch the Awards, but I do enjoy the breakdown of red carpet fashion hits and disasters.

    I LOVE Helena Bonham Carter, she really does become the character each and every time. I haven't seen The Kings Speech, but I bet she was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am usually better at being well watched for the Oscars. I haven't seen most of the movies nominated.

    My hubby says if the little girl from True Grit doesn't win, he'll be pissed.

    Jeremy Renner from the The Town rocked. He deserved it last year for Hurt Locker.

    I love me some Colin Firth so if her wins, that's cool eventhough I never saw the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you did this! I'll give it a shot if it means free books!
    Looks like I am the first competitor! I challenge you!

    Actor in a leading role = javier Bardiem in Biutiful

    Supporting Actor = Geofrey Rush in A King's Speech

    Actress in a leading role = Natalie Portman

    Supporting Actress = Hailee Steinfeld

    Best Picture = Black Swan

    Writing for original screenplay = Another Year

    Writing for adapted = 127 Hours!

    ndkb_taz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts