Ringbearer to Groom, Flower Girl to Bride

by Julia Smith





















It's part of the arc of life to say, "My, how quickly they've grown," and "Where on earth did the time go?"

When it comes to the little cuties in wedding pictures, it really is stunning to realize just how fast it all goes by. In my own case, three out of the four children from my wedding party have now taken their own walks down the aisle.

The grouping above includes my husband and myself from our 1992 wedding, along with my parents-in-law and my nieces and nephew.

Let's take a peek through the bridal time tunnel and see how the ringbearer, flower girl and wedding-favor bestowers blossomed into radiant brides and one groom - with one more bride to go.

















These are my gorgeous bridesmaids, along with my flower girl - my cousin Lacey.





















And here she is - a bride herself.

Where did the time go?

She and her husband stand with her new parents-in-law.


































Here Lacey and my nephew Jake head down the aisle to start the ceremony as flower girl and ringbearer.

Fast forward a few years, and holy mackerel!

Here's Jake after his own wedding ceremony, toasting his new bride.



























Wow - when did that happen?!?

Let's see...who is left? Here are my two nieces during my reception, listening to the best man/woman (or attendent of honor, as we called her) give a speech to the bride and groom. It was a reading of Oh, the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss.














See that little girl to the far left?

Well, this is her, all grown and radiant at her own wedding reception.


















I was extremely touched by my niece's choice of a wedding day. She chose my husband's and my anniversary.

She said that our wedding had been a special, special day for her, and that our continued joy as a couple inspired her to share our day.





















The little girl pictured at far right at my reception, sitting on her aunt's lap, grew up to stand as maid of honor for her sister.


















My younger niece - shown above with her sister, brother and cousins - will one day don her wedding gown and take her vows, joining all of the brides before her and those to follow in a link of time and love.

I wonder how long it will take before she says, "Where on earth did the time go?" as she watches her junior bridal party head off for their own walks down the aisle?


You can visit me at A Piece of My Mind.

Comments

  1. Great pics! A little insight into how we think of time as it passes by...

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool photos,I enjoyed my visit with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When people say time flies it may be a cliches, but more than that it is the tyranny of time. All we have are the minutes and hours of our lives. Try not to waste them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The year do fly! Beautiful pics, Julia.

    I can't wait to see your book trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What nice pictures. And a nice tribute to your niece and nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the pics! Yes indeed - where does the time go???

    ReplyDelete
  7. It isn't too little assurance that keeps me away. When you're in the command prompt,
    enter powercfg /energy and watch for the 60-second energy check to accomplish.
    As soon as I may I obtained a copy of Windows 7.


    My weblog - mac apps for pc users

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts