What is it with sexy warlords and concubines?

by Dana Marton

At the very beginning of my writing career, I received the following advice: “Write the book you want to read.” So I did.

I love a big, sweeping epic, richly drawn worlds where my imagination can soar. Some of my favorite books are The Clan of the Cave Bear series by Jean Auel (especially the early books), the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, and the Game of Thrones series. I like my heroes to be true heroes, and like it even more if they’re battle-seasoned warriors. And I like my heroines to be strong women, women who can survive in a world created and run by men, women who will stand up for what is right, a heroine who can tame the beast.

In THE THIRD SCROLL, Tera, a budding healer, is sold into slavery and thrust into the savage realm of barbarian warlords, the same realm which claimed her mother years ago. She must avoid the displeasure of her warrior lord and survive the cruelties of the concubines, even as war threatens on the horizon.

Yet a greater danger looms when she catches the eye of the most powerful lord of the land and he takes her for his Pleasure Hall. Tera struggles to escape, while searching for the secret behind her mother’s death. But what she discovers challenges everything she believes in. A path set long ago beckons. A path that could lead to triumph, or the destruction of her world.

As a writer, I’m always asked in interviews which one of the over two dozen books I’ve written is my favorite. I always try to go around that question by saying that it’s like asking a parent which one of their children they like the most. But this once, I’m going to make a confession. THE THIRD SCROLL is truly the book of my heart and my favorite out of everything I’ve written so far. Thank God, the critics love it, too J. I’ve received some very nice feedback lately that just made my heart smile.

“Marton excels at worldbuilding and character development. Readers will find it impossible not to care what happens to Tera next.” Kirkus Review

“An ambitious, vividly imagined epic fantasy. Marton has created a promising and immersive world that is, at the same time, darkly brutal.” RT BookReviews

I like an old-fashioned adventure, a brave-hearted man and a heroine who is about more than shoe shopping or counting her daily calorie intake. My heroines save the world. How about your favorite characters? Please share your favorite books and characters. I’m always looking for something great to read next. I’ll even raffle off a free book (one of my romantic suspense novels) among those who post.

Wishing you great books to read, and the time to read them!

Dana
The Third Scroll is available on Amazon: http://alturl.com/p6t3o

Dana Marton is the author of thirty novels that have been translated into a dozen languages and sold all over the world. She is a Rita Award finalist and the winner of the Daphne du Maurier Award of Excellence


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for having me here. Wishing everyone a fantastic day! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dana,
    I recently read SHANGHAI GIRLS by Lisa See. It was awesome and now I want to read all her books. If you haven't read her books you should.
    I absolutely can't wait to read SCROLL! I am one of your biggest fans. But you know that and that's not meant to be creepy. lol!
    I like my characters to be intelligent, witty, strong willed, and patient. You have a great day too!

    Mel K.
    Meljprincess AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, It's so nice to see you here!!! Thank you for adding a comment. I really hope you'll like SCROLL. And thank you for the book recommendation. I'll definitely check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really, really nice to 'see' you here too, Dana. You're welcome for the recommendation. I'm reading like crazy but the last 2 books I read were not that great. I know I'll enjoy SCROLL. I love your books!! Have a great weekend. :-)

    Mel K.
    Meljprincess AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts