Getting to Know Me (and My Obsession)

By Lucy Felthouse

Since this is my first post at the Pop Culture Divas I just wanted to say hi to everyone *waves* and introduce myself. I'm Lucy Felthouse and I'm an erotica and erotic romance writer from Derbyshire in the UK. I also run my own business helping to promote writers (http://www.writermarketing.co.uk) and squeeze my writing in around that.

Besides writing and promoting, I love to read, watch TV and films, play with and walk my dog, spend time with my other half and explore the countryside and interesting places. I have lots of TV shows that I enjoy, but my absolute favourite - and I know at least two other members to this blog will already know what I'm going to say - is Supernatural. I just can't help it, I'm addicted! Despite the fact the show has had it's ups and downs, with some seasons and episodes being better than others, I still have to watch every single one.

Why? Why do you think!? ;) Have you seen the stars of the show? I love 'em both, naturally, but I'm a Sam girl through and through. He's the smart one, the bookish one, the nerdy one. And a hotter nerd I've never seen! He's tall, he has gorgeous hair that I just want to... *ahem*... he has dimples, etc, etc. Let's just say I'd happily help him research a case or two any day. ;) I find him so inspirational I've penned a tale or two where the lead male bears a striking resemblance to a certain Mr. Padalecki...

All joking aside though, it's the relationship between the two brothers and the journey that the characters are on that make me continue to watch it and I'm totally invested now and will watch it to the very end. An end I don't want to think about, of course! I have no idea how they will finish it. Will the boys have a happy ending? Or will they both end up in Hell with no way of escaping? Who knows? All I know for sure is that the writers seriously have their work cut out for them, because the show has such a rabid and obsessive fanbase that whatever they do, people will criticise them. I certainly don't envy them that.

Personally, as much as the boys deserve a happy ending after saving the world umpteen times, I think they should probably kill them off. It breaks my heart to say it, and I will absolutely cry my eyes out if they do (but only for real, after the first couple of times the boys died I got a bit immune to it cos I always knew they'd come back), but it'll make for more powerful TV. The last thing the rabid fanbase want is to get to the end of a show they've dedicated so much time and adoration to and go "Meh."

What do you think, Supernatural fans? Fairy tale ending, or bloody ending?

*****
Lucy Felthouse is a very busy woman! She writes erotica and erotic romance in a variety of subgenres and pairings, and has over seventy publications to her name, with many more in the pipeline. These include Best Bondage Erotica 2012 and 2013, and Best Women's Erotica 2013. Another string to her bow is editing, and she has edited and co-edited a number of anthologies. She owns Erotica For All, and is book editor for Cliterati. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9

Comments

  1. Definitely bloody ending.
    The boys are as beautiful, if not more so, in real life than they are on screen. Padalecki is pause mid-step pretty and Jensen is just... well Jensen.

    As you are, Lucy, I am a die hard fan and although I want to kick the writer's arses for not knowing their own show in season 8, I will be there til the bitter end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! A bloody ending. But only for one brother. i want Sam to be left behind to become like a college professor teaching demonology or something ;) LOL That way, us Sammy girls could maybe get a spin-off show! WOOT

    And totally, Lisa! Grr Season 8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, Lisa and JoAnne. It's so cool to be part of such a die-hard fan base. We're all obsessed, but we don't care! :)

    JoAnne, hehe, the perv in me would love more Sam, but I just don't think it would be the same show with just one brother. Part of why I love it so much is their relationship and the way they bounce off one another.

    Re: writers - they should totally let us have a go at writing some episodes for them. Screenwriting has never been something that appealed to me, but for Supernatural, I'd make an exception ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts