Lifeblood in 4:4 Time


Music is the glue that holds my thoughts together. Everything in my life has music attached to it, from the moment I wake until I go to bed. I need it, like air or water. It gets me moving to the shower and makes my daily exercise more bearable. It’s so integral to my life that it only stands to reason that it would be a huge part of my writing.

I have thematic playlists that help me think, regardless if I’m writing a hard action scene or a languid and sensual sex scene. I know that probably sounds weird, but I can’t write rolling gun battles listening to Sade any more than I can write sex scenes to Weird Al, just not gonna happen. (This does not include the times where I’m playing Left For Dead and listening to Puccini or Wagner, or even The Theme From A Summer Place. Whole other conversation.)

Some songs just paint in my mind. I was listening to Christian Kane’s ‘House Rules’ and his voice… It provoked ‘Rule Number 7’ out of thin air, and I’d never even considered a ménage piece before that story. ‘Stay’ was the same way, only with Jason Aldean. I could go on for all of my writings, but nobody’s got that kind of time.

Lao Tzu said that “music in the soul can be heard by the universe.” I’d like to think that’s true, given that it travels into the universe in much the same way as it began its journey into me, fingers on a keyboard.
_________
Alexis Craig is the author of Imminent Danger and UndercoverSeduction. Her third, Give Me Shelter is due out later this year. 

Comments

  1. Excellent article. Keep writing such kind of information on your blog.

    Im really impressed by it.
    Hey there, You have performed an excellent job. I'll definitely digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I am confident they'll
    be benefited from this site.

    My homepage :: kohlenhydratarme Diät Erfahrung

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!


    My weblog :: Thai Massage Wiesbaden

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts