Idol Continued

From the writing desk of Christine Mazurk


Last night, one more American Idol contestant went home. In my opinion, it should have been Lazaro, but I guess America keeps voting for him. Brunell had a weak performance the night before, but he still has a stronger voice.

Having said that, I believe this is a year for one of the females to win. Just look at this week's top seven - two guys, five girls!! And one of those two guys just went home!

My top picks, even though all of them will find careers in music, are Angie, Kree, and Candice. I think it will come down to the three of them belting it out for America's final vote. Angie has a bit of 'rocker' in her, but she can sing anything. I especially love her at the piano. She's the whole package. Kree - who reminds me a lot of the character Rose on Two and a Half Men - is 'country', but the texture and quality of her voice is unique and memorable. Something that will push her to the top of the charts. Candice could do broadway, her voice has such range. She's a ture powerhouse.

Amber and Janell made it to the top because they can both sing. They'll realize their dreams because they've made it this far. Think Chris Daughtry - fourth place, season five!

At the beginning, I wasn't invested in the show because Nicki and Mariah got on my nerves, but as the season played out, I found I liked Nicki - as a judge - the best. She's honest with the contestants and isn't afraid to critique their perfomance to help them make it better. She's got a sense of humor and has no problem pitching it out there. Mariah, on the other hand, never really 'says' anything. She stares off, and "umm" ... enough said.

So, I'm in. I'm ready to see if once again my husband and I narrowed it down to the winner. Are you in? Do you have a favorite? Who do you think will walk away with the title of 2013 American Idol?

Christine
PS. My paperback, Passion's Race is now available: amazon.com. B&N. Lachesis Publishing. The Easter Bunny brought me a few copies! 

 

   

Comments

Popular Posts