Put the chocolate down, step away from the chocolate…stop eating the chocolate!



Yeah, Easter. A time for Spring, new beginnings, and for some, religious celebrations. For most, a time to eat chocolate. Mini Eggs and Cream Eggs or Caramel Eggs.. OMG have you tried those? *sigh* Heaven in a foil wrapper!

I do miss the big easter eggs Oz and Brit enjoy this time of year. Buttons, Aero, Mars..heck anything going, really! But Buttons are my favorite.

The Americans have a very different idea of egg hunts and Easter treats. They are more sugary than chocolately. But thankfully, they do have Mini Eggs and Cream Eggs (and variants of such) so all isn't lost. Other than that, the stores are stocked to the ceiling with all kinds of candy/sweets packed with food dyes, corn syrup and/or sugar. It's all about color, it seems. Pinks, blues, and mostly yellows.

I find the American Easter treat isles very pretty; the displays are like mini rainbows and the colors so bright they'd be sure to lighten and cure most cases of S.A.D after the long winter.

But undoubtedly, for those actually consuming these products, they probably are also colorful enough to induce all kinds of health issues and irritate food allergies. Sugar rushes galore ;) 

While all the kids (and adults) are hyped up on PEEPS (an American Easter marshmallow treat) or SMARTIES (British colorful chocolate treat without food dye)  I've been snuggled up with my Cream Eggs and Diane Albert's new release -- best way to spend the Spring break when the weather just isn't Spring like. And when you've got the flu like I currently have.

Somewhere deep inside me, though, I can't help but think I've missed out on a major yummy treat -- 

Tell me, what do you like to nibble on during Spring Break? and what part of the world are you living in/come from.

And if you tell me Buttons, I'm going to have to insist you send me a packet!

HAPPY SPRING BREAK ALL!! ENJOY
I'll leave you with MY FAVORITE TAsTY TREaT for Easter... JAMES MARSDEN who inspired a wee cheeky devil of a character you all may know called DEVLIN KINNEY from the Irish Kisses series.

JAMES MARSDEN in hop with easter eggs, painting eggs.


Oh, and notice how I refrained myself from punking you on this April 1st? I deserve a medal or something! 


WHAT I'M READING:

DIANE ALBERTS' FAKING IT

Derek Rory never meant to propose to his best friend's little sister. But when her boss tells a family-oriented investor he's Stephanie's fiancé, Derek can either play along or let her get fired. He's hardly one to turn away from a damsel in distress. If only that damsel wasn't adorable and sexy with a laugh that could melt any cold business mogul’s heart.
When a business proposal becomes a marriage proposal, Stephanie Miller tries to keep it strictly boardroom. But when things get hot under the table, it's all they can do to stay apart. As the tangle of lies drags them deeper into the underhanded world of business politics, Stephanie finds herself in over her head—not just with her job, but with her "fiancé." His eyes are cold, but his kisses light her on fire. If she's not careful, she'll end up faking her way into a real romance.











Comments

Popular Posts