Writing About My Favourite City

Ahh... Paris. It's hard to believe that just three or four years ago, I'd never been to Paris. I'd barely even been to France - except on a brief ferry day trip type thing from England. And now I'm obsessed with Paris. Utterly. To the extent that I just keep on writing about it.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is that I adore so much. The architecture, the differences between the various areas, the variety of attractions, the beauty, the food, the atmosphere... I really don't know. A combination of them all, I suspect.

Having spent probably five days in total in that fair city, you wouldn't think I'd have that much to write about. But somehow, I have.

Bite with Height was the first thing I wrote about Paris. More specifically, the Sacre-Coeur, Pigalle and Montmartre areas. For some reason, the Sacre-Coeur truly captivated and inspired me, and the result was this paranormal lesbian erotic romance, which still remains my best-selling book so far. There's more information and an extract on my website: http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk/published-works/bite-with-height/

A French Affair is my latest release, and has been in the back of my mind for ages. The first time I properly visited France, we stayed in a barn conversion in Monthiers, a couple of hours outside of Paris. The property was lovely, and there was absolutely nothing to do in the village. It was tiny, quiet and didn't have so much as a single bar of mobile phone signal. Somehow, that put the idea in my head of a woman using a barn conversion as a writing retreat. It morphed into an erotic romance novella, and if you check out the page on my website, you'll be able to read all about it, as well as an extract: http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk/published-works/a-french-affair/

A Taste of Paris isn't out yet, but should be coming pretty soon (fingers crossed). It's the second book in my A Taste of series, which is part of Ellora's Cave's For Men range, and tells the story of Ryan Stonebridge and his friend Kristian, who are on their gap year between college and University. Their adventure begins in London, and then moves on to Paris. There's no romance whatsoever here, just lots of filthy fun!

I've also written a few short stories which are out on submission - Paris just continues to inspire me! I haven't written about too many of the same places in the city, either. There's the Sacre-Coeur, as I said, the Notre-Dame, Shakespeare and Co, The Tuileries Gardens, The Louvre, and the Pigalle. I'm not complaining though, whatever gives me ideas for books is excellent - keep 'em coming, brain!

Hopefully I'll visit the city again next year, and see what writing comes out of it...

What about you? Do you have a favourite place/city? What do you like about it?

*****

Lucy Felthouse is a very busy woman! She writes erotica and erotic romance in a variety of subgenres and pairings, and has over seventy publications to her name, with many more in the pipeline. These include Best Bondage Erotica 2012 and 2013, and Best Women's Erotica 2013. Another string to her bow is editing, and she has edited and co-edited a number of anthologies. She owns Erotica For All, and is book editor for Cliterati. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9

Comments

  1. Paris is one of my favorite city's too. It's certainly a place that can fill your imagination with wonderful romantic fantasies. Your books look as if they have captured some of the essence of "the City of Lights" romance. I look forward to reading some of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts