The Best Book I Ever Wrote

By Lucy Felthouse

The suggested topic for this month is:

The best book you ever wrote. The one you are most proud of, and why.

That's quite a tough question to answer, in a way. I've written lots of books, and each time I challenge myself to do something different, and succeed, I'm proud of it.

I don't have any novels on the market yet, though I have a co-author project coming in the late summer (see cover left, and Grand Slam), and another novel out on submission, so I'd say currently, the best book I ever wrote is Off the Shelf. The reason for this is that it was my first ever novella. When the publisher asked me to write a novella, I said yes without really thinking, grateful for the opportunity, then I panicked because I had to make the step from short stories to longer pieces, and fast.

However, I'm glad I was given the push. I've now written all kinds of lengths of work and I love the variety. Off the Shelf is an erotic romance novella, and it has had great reviews, even being nominated for Best Book of 2012 as part of The Romance Reviews Awards. You can also grab it for a bargain price ;) If you like sexy nerds, you'll like this.

Here's more about it:

At 35, travel writer Annalise is fed up with insensitive comments about being left on the shelf. It’s not as if she doesn’t want a man, but her busy career doesn’t leave her much time for relationships. Sexy liaisons with passing acquaintances give Annalise physical satisfaction, but she needs more than that. She wants a man who will satisfy her mind as well as her body. But where will she find someone like that? It seems Annalise may be in luck when a new member of staff starts working in the bookshop at the airport she regularly travels through. Damien appears to tick all the boxes; he’s gorgeous, funny and intelligent, and he shares Annalise’s love of books and travel. The trouble is, Damien’s shy and Annalise is terrified of rejection. Can they overcome their fears and admit their feelings, or are they doomed to remain on the shelf?

You can read an excerpt and see the places it's available here: http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk/published-works/off-the-shelf/

*****

Lucy Felthouse is a very busy woman! She writes erotica and erotic romance in a variety of subgenres and pairings, and has over seventy publications to her name, with many more in the pipeline. These include Best Bondage Erotica 2012 and 2013, and Best Women's Erotica 2013. Another string to her bow is editing, and she has edited and co-edited a number of anthologies. She owns Erotica For All, and is book editor for Cliterati. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9

Comments

Popular Posts