The stallion reared over him, a creature of such immense power ...

From the writing desk of Christine Mazurk


In my last post, I spoke of my favorite horror authors, and today I'll once again focus on one of them - Dean Koontz. Odd Apocalypse, the fifth book in the Odd Thomas series is my current read. Odd is an unassuming young fry cook who has a gift--or a curse--of seeing spirits.

In this book, Odd is traveling with Annamaria, a young woman who seems to be about seven months pregnant. He met her four days before in Magic Beach, and after his recent clash with lethal adversaries--you can read about those in Odd Hours--the comforts of Roseland, where they've been invited to stay, should be welcome.

But there's more to Roseland, the magnificent West Coast property than meets the eye, and soon Odd suspects it may be more hell than haven. He's ready to hit the road again, but Annamaria insists they've been led to Roseland for a reason.

What will it take for Odd to unlock the secrets and mysteries of the estate, mysteries her masters have kept under wraps for over a century?

The woman astride the ghostly mount, the stallion who reared over Odd, reaches out for his help and starts the ball rolling. This mission of mercy will lead Odd through realms of darkness he has never before encountered. Yellow skies, feral swine creatures who smell of ozone, and a faithful staff of servants who keep their master's secrets well guarded.

With Halloween only a few weeks away, this is the perfect read. I won't give too much away, but I will say, so far I've been on the edge of my seat, and I can't wait to find out what trouble Odd faces this time.

If you've never read an Odd Thomas novel, I highly recommend you do. I've already purchased Deeply Odd, book six on my Kindle, so guess what I'm reading after Odd Apocalypse??

Until next time, happy reading!!!
   

Comments

Popular Posts