Ring out the old, ring in the new....lots just ahead in 2014!!


From  Lee Ann Sontheimer Murphy……

In a few short days, we’ll bid adieu to 2013 and welcome 2014.  I’ve come a long way from the New Year’s Eve celebrations of my childhood when party hats, some fresh made popcorn rich with butter and sprinkled with salt, some soda, and some festive horns were the order of the evening.  These days, I prefer champagne or a good wine, some cheese and crackers, and sometimes a bit of popcorn for auld lang syne.  I might be seen blowing a party horn and if my kids stick a hat on my head, it might remain.  As a little girl, New Year’s was all about one more family dinner, the Tournament of Roses parade viewed in color on my grandparents’ television (they had a color TV long before our family did), and a return to school.  We usually headed back to the classroom on January 2nd depending on the day of the week.  This year, my kids don’t return until January 7 and my thoughts are on far more than the dinner or the parade.

Although I’ve written and scribbled for as long as I can remember, my writing career made a giant leap forward three years ago this week.  I’d collected bylines and credits in a variety of publications, both in traditional print and in electronic publications over the years, had ongoing columns in several venues, and a collection of published short stories but in December 2010, my first eBook debuted, Wolfe’s Lady, from Evernight Publishing.

Over the past three years, I’ve added to that number until the number tops out around forty or so, including more than twenty full length novels (five of which are also in print), assorted novellas and short stories with several publishers ranging from Rebel Ink Press and Evernight to Champagne and Astraea Press. 

I have a lot of things in the works for 2014 and January looks to be a busy month.  So far, in January, I’ll have the release of Will’s Way on January 7th, part of a brand new venture I’m testing out, my short fiction Cait’s Buffalo in the upcoming anthology from Evernight Publishing, and the next of my Brides series from Rebel Ink Press, The St. Nicholas Bride, on January 17th.   My first release from Evernight Publishing since November 2012, will also be released in January, an action packed romantic suspense title, Stranger Danger.

I hope this start will lead to more successes and levels of achievement in the coming year.

If you like my newest cover art, I’ve partnered up with a brand new outfit headed by a design genius with plenty of experience….Toby By Design.  Check out these covers for an example of what fab work he does….and look for Will’s Way on January 7th at both Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com.

In the meantime, happy tidings as you ring in the new, ring out the old.  May 2014 be a marvelous year in every way, filled with light and love, happiness and health, peace and prosperity.
 

I’ll leave you with the blurb for Will’s Way:

When Marine Will Nichols returned from Afghanistan with some serious scars, he retreated from almost everything and everyone.  His late night radio talk show is the one place no one can judge him by his appearance but he lives lonely.  One of his regular callers, however, Samantha Callahan, manages to catch both his fancy and affection.  No matter how he feels, though, he refuses to meet her because he fears she’ll reject him.   But stubborn Samantha doesn’t give up easily and cares enough to take a chance because where there’s Will, there’s a way.
 

Comments

  1. You ARE pure genius! That spool holder is ideal for your rings. I even have a bunch of rings in an exceedingly box that i am forever thumbing through . That spool holder would be nice. that might take up some serious assets on my dresser, though. I'm wondering if there square measure smaller ones.
    wedding rings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts