XXII Winter Olympics - Sochi

From the writing desk of Christine Mazurk


Sochi, Russia - 2/7 through 2/23
The XXII Winter Olympics

It's fitting that as I write this post about the Winter Olympics the snow is swirling around my office windows. I feel as if I'm sitting in a snow globe, and Mother Nature continues to shake it. I can hear her laughing in the background.

The Olympics begin tomorrow though the Official Opening Ceremony isn't until Friday night. Get a delicious taste of the next 17 days with Figure skating: men's/pairs short program. Freestyle skiing: women's moguls. And Snowboarding: men's/women's slopestyle.

I'm excited, there are several new sports being included this year: ski slopestyle, snowboard slopestyle, mixed parallel snowboard slalom, women's ski jumping, ski halfpipe, team-relay luge, mixed-relay biathlon, and mixed-team figure skating. I'm looking forward to watching the stars of each emerge.

There are a total of 15 sports to keep us glued to the TV: Alpine skiing, biathlon, bobsleigh, cross-country skiing, curling, figure skating, freestyle skiing, ice hockey, luge, Nordic combined biathlon, short track speed skating, skeleton (very scary to me), ski jumping, snowboarding, and speed skating. 98 events in total with 294 medals to win.

Which events are your favorites to watch? Who will you be rooting for? I'm fascinated by all of them, but if I had to pick my top list, it would look like this: figure skating, ski jumping, snowboarding, speed skating and hockey!!!

I pray that everyone-the athletes, spectators, announcers, etc.-in Sochi stay safe and have a great time!!! Let's get the games started!!

Until next time, hugs - Christine
PS. Mystical Connections is in a JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER contest. Click on the link below if you are interested in voting. Mystical Connections is in the Single Title/Mainstream category.

https://jabbic.HBArwa.com/readers/

Thank you for your support!!!
   

Comments

Popular Posts