Re-launch -- New Cover, New Title -- Vampires, Saints and Lovers




Opened a bottle of prosecco over dinner last night to toast my new cover and re-launched title -- Vampires, Saints and Lovers -- Book 1 of the Brotherhood of Blood series. Originally published as Saint Sanguinus.

Many thanks to Kim Killion for the fabulous re-design!

~~ Excerpt ~~

“I have taken a vow, Tanwen.”

Disbelief at what he was saying froze everything inside her. The joy that spiraled into the night shattered. “Your vow is to me,” she said at last. “To us.”

He shook his head, climbing to his feet. “It’s not as simple as that.”

“No,” she said. “Stop! Don’t say it.”

“I have a sacred purpose. Perhaps that’s why I was born in the first place. Born as a man so I would one day join this Brotherhood.”

“Peredur, don’t.”

“I told you when I came to see you, back at your father’s house.”

She put her hands over her ears and curled into herself. “Stop! Stop it!”

Peredur wrapped his arms around her, pressing his face against hers, whispering into her ear. “I tried to explain, but you wouldn’t hear me. I told you why I needed to go on the raid against the Irish, and you didn’t hear me then, either.”

“It’s all pride with you. None of it has anything to do with me.”

“Tanwen, I love you. I love you more than I’ll love anyone for the rest of my life. And that promises to be a very long time.”

© Julia Phillips Smith, 2011







Photo by Helen Tansey
Visit my web site
Find me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Find me on Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts