Terrorists ... the Mind Spinning out of Control.

From the writing desk of Christine Mazurk


I thought long and hard about what to post today, and I kept coming back to the horror of the Nigerian girls being abducted from their school almost one month ago. Tomorrow will mark one month. What must they be feeling? Where are they? What is happening to them?

Young girls at the mercy of despicable men. The group claiming responsibility, Boko Haram, has said they will sell them into slavery or sell them as wives. They've requested a trade for prisoners, but what is really happening?

Can you imagine being one of those girls? The fright, the uncertainty? Will they survive? And if they do and are reunited with their parents, can you imagine the nightmares that will continue for years?

I'm not a suspense,  horror or thriller writer, but my brain has not stopped thinking about the possibilities of the outcome. Why do these things happen? Can't we all just get along?

So many bad things happen in this world and it makes me sick. I know life is not all faery tale endings or happily ever after, but I'd prefer to believe in GOOD overcoming BAD. I pray for their safety, for them to have the strength to get through this, to live a better life. 

I wish for bigger hearts, for acts of kindness, for people to treat each other with respect. I want to believe in love and the goodness of human nature, to believe we are not evil. I guess that's why I write the types of books I write. Fiction, where I can make the world the way I want it to be. Overcoming adversity, becoming stronger and learning to love one another no matter our upbringing. A better place. A place where we can escape from the news that is filled with tragedy with an ending we can embrace and sigh over with pleasure.

I'm going to leave this harsh world now and return to my characters and the world they live in. All the while hoping for a happy ending for those 220 plus girls!


Passion's Race
Sisters Of Spirit
Mystical Connections     Available now at your favorite retailer.



        

Comments

Popular Posts