June Weddings

When I think of June, I think weddings. 

by Christine Mazurk

June is still one of the most popular months for weddings, though December is nipping at its heels. Winter weddings have become more intriguing because of the Holidays. Festive with decorated trees and twinkling lights, along with luscious red or white poinsettia plants to scent the room.  

But in my heart, June is still the month. Maybe it's the romance writer in me. Or the cake decorator I used to be. Yes, it's a little known fact, but I decorated cakes for several years. It was a hobby, but I created many birthday, anniversary, and even wedding cakes. Some fancy, some whimsical, but always with meaning for the person I'd made it for.

Some of my favorites include; the drunken pink elephants in champagne glasses for a New Year's party, a giant golf ball being blown into the hole by a tiny man for my dad's birthday,and my all time favorite, the five layer cake I made for my brother's wedding.

Five layers, each a different flavor, connected with an elaborate piping known as Corneille Lace. An almond butter cream icing in white was accented with a colorful draping of exotic flowers made from marzipan. It was simple yet elegant, and it must have tasted good, because when the staff went to pack the top layer, they realized the whole cake was gone. (I was happy to make them a fresh layer to celebrate their first anniversary. No freezer burn or protective ice layer on this one.)  

I have many friends who celebrate their anniversaries in June, but my all time favorite couple - my parents!

As a matter of fact, tomorrow, June 11th, they'll celebrate their 69th anniversary in Heaven. They were married 48 years when my father passed. She then celebrated his memory for 8 years prior to joining him in Heaven, where they've stood side-by-side since. I think of them as two stars twinkling in the night as they gaze down upon us.

There's a bottle of champagne on ice, which I plan to open with my husband tomorrow evening to toast the wonderful couple who brought my brothers and me into this world. I miss them everyday, but I am comforted when I feel their spirits near by.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad. I love you!

Until next time, I'm off to dream of the next romantic wedding for my characters.


 Pictures courtesy of Your Cake Decorating Class (/index.html).

Website

Facebook

Twitter



   







Comments

  1. These are beautiful. A romantic mind can produce all kinds of lovely things. Now get back to your keyboard and start clicking keys. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it, Jo. Passion's Spirit is almost DONE!!! Woohoo. Getting back to the final read now. XXOO

      Delete
  2. This place is a very nice place for a wedding and worth looking into. While I didn't have my own wedding here, I've seen the Malibu wedding venue in all its decked out glory. On a smaller scale, we had our prom there. This truly is a beautiful building with fabulous views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Seventy Two. Malibu is lovely. We'll share your link with the public.
      I've actually written about a wedding on Guam, a beautiful tropical setting high on a cliff. Check it out in PASSION'S RACE.

      Delete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you but hope you are a real person and not a spammer. :)

Popular Posts