LOOKING FOR A GOOD BOOK?


A BOOK RECOMMENDATION 

by Christine Mazurk 

I have to share a little something with you before I recommend another outstanding book; SAY YES, SARAH by Blanche Marriott.

I'm late posting today, because of a very rare occurrence. I haven't dealt with a stomach issue in forever ... and after wondering why I'm feeling so crappy, I realized I know exactly what happened.

My husband and I have been eating a vegan diet since October. We've added wild salmon to our menu on rare occasions, but Monday night, we decided to grill chicken breasts seasoned with an incredible home-made rub. My digestive system is rebelling, and not in a nice way. As horrible as I feel today, I can say a tasty grilled chicken breast is not worth it!! No more meat for me. I'm going back to eating my vegetables and salads. (My mom's probably smiling down on me from heaven right now.)

So, on the plane ride home from my spectacular birthday celebration (Four days in Southern Utah with my fabulous hubby), I opened my Kindle App and started reading SAY YES, SARAH written by a good friend, Blanche Marriott. I was hooked from the first page!!


Fifteen years ago a teenage pregnancy and a rebellious life forced Sarah Chapman to give up her baby.She's since alienated herself from any relationships, including family. But when she discovers the long held secret of her grandmother's dead twins, she sets out to find her daughter, heal the wounds of loss and right her wrongs. Finding love along the way is the furthest thing from her mind. Not to mention her overwhelming sense of maternal love. 

Evan Kingfield feels he's been in a walking coma since his wife died five years ago. His only focus is to raise his teenage daughter the best he can. But what does he know about a girl's teenage angst? And why has she become so distant? He has no idea how to be father and mother at the same time. So when his daughter confesses that she's found her birth mother, Evan is devastated. He already lost his wife, the love of his life. He couldn't bare to lose his daughter too.   



The story has received several 5 star reviews:

"A sweet romance. Blanche Marriott takes on the unique situation of a mom reconnecting with the daughter she'd given up at birth. Melding part of her own family history into the story. She took me on an emotional journey that is realistic and uplifting. A book filled with hope and healing." 

"I couldn't put this sweet love story down." 

"I've enjoyed reading all of Blanche Marriott's books. I must say that this one has a touching personal approach and a gripping storyline. The best word to describe how one will feel while reading it is 'uplifting'!!

More praise for Blanche: 

Loved, loved, loved this book. Outstanding author.

Brilliant Read. 

Looking for an uplifting story, read this one!! 

I have to agree with all of the above!! Fabulous story by an outstanding author. Available in e-book and paperback. Get your kindle version today for $2.99. 

Until next week, I'm off to buy another Blanche Marriott masterpiece. 







 

Comments

Popular Posts